Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Doodles in the Margins: Over-the-Top Logo

I've played with lots of ideas of how to advertise my freelance editing, but none of them are close to satisfactory. The biggest issue I have is coming up with an actual name. I stink at names. Which is ironic, considering how many names and titles I research or make up for my writing.

Anyways, since I don't have tons of time to blog something today, I'm just going to show you a doodle I made a few weeks ago. It got a little too elaborate to ever actually work on a business card, but it was fun anyways.

I've always wanted to somehow incorporate my last name (Springer) into any business I start, and for some reason I decided that a leaping (or springing) hare should be my logo. Our family crest has deer on it, but I like rabbits better than deer. So that's why there's a random rabbit.

I guess I chose "The Story Springer" because I liked the idea of setting stories free through editing, writing, and drawing.

Anyways, nothing about this drawing will probably ever make it onto an official business card, but it was fun anyways. I think it expresses my personality and the things I love rather well.

I'll hopefully write a longer post tomorrow, assuming everything goes well and I get some of my stressful responsibilities taken care of on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment