Friday, May 2, 2014

Doodle in the Margins: Drawing Practice

As I mentioned before, my parents gave me a big beautiful book about President Boyd K. Packer's artwork. I read through the whole thing this week, and it was so inspiring. He started out as a doodling little kid and just kept working at it and practicing until he became a very talented 3D artist.

Well, I've got the doodling little kid backstory down, but I haven't done much in the way of diligent practice. So yesterday I decided to change that. I decided I'm not going to just settle with "I can't draw people". Instead, I'm going to practice drawing people so much that it becomes as natural to me as drawing dogs is.

Here's the result: a page of random doodles of random body parts.


Someday maybe I'll be able to put them all together and actually be able to sketch portraits! I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment