Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ambiance: New Living Space

Hi, my name is Carly Springer, and this is my crib.


As you can see, there's plenty of space for me to do some yoga, throw a party, or take up carpentry.


This is where I would put my bookshelf.


And there's plenty of space for my absurd amount of clothes. I especially like that one rack seemed to be made specifically to hold all my lovely scarves.


While my personal digs don't have much in the way of furniture or decor, the rest of the apartment has been meticulously designed to be aesthetically pleasing.




My roommate Rachel is kind of a boss when it comes to interior design and art from around the world. 




It's all beautiful. Even this doll, though it kind of freaked me out when I looked up and noticed its surprisingly-violent face. I feel like everything I ever knew about stacking dolls being cute and friendly was all a lie.


UPDATE: Rachel has informed me that this doll was a symbol of communism back in the day (Russia. With fangs. Makes sense, I guess.) She got it at the Museum of Communism in Prague and wants me to get her a T-shirt of it when I go in September. :)

But seriously, this place is great. So far it's all perfect for me. It's in a great location, with a grocery store across the street and my grandparents just a few blocks away. It's along a busy road but it's not too noisy, and it's a new enough complex that the walls and floors are thick and I never hear a thing from our neighbors.

My roommates are amazing and are already inspiring me to be a better person and a responsible adult. Rachel is a civil rights lawyer, and she totally has her life all together. She's very active, so she's quickly becoming my exercise buddy. I'm planning on buying a pass to the gym she goes to. She took me as a guest yesterday, and the kickboxing class kicked my butt but it was AWESOME.

Liz is so my type of person. We both love books and movies and writing, and her friends are the kind of people I love to hang out with. She invited me to meet them on Sunday night, soon after I arrived. We watched Prince of Egypt at another house and I met five or so members of my new ward. Every single one of them seemed cool. I hope we hang out a lot in the future. Liz and I went back there last night to have a writing group meeting with our friend (well, her old friend, my new friend) Heather. A writing group meeting!! It was so fun, and it got me writing fiction for the first time in months. 

I can't wait to meet the rest of the ward. I'm a little disappointed that our meeting block is almost the same as the one I just came from (1:00 to 4:00pm. Ew.), but from what I've seen it's a great bunch.

Stay tuned for shenanigans as I get into my new life as a responsible adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment