Sunday, May 11, 2014

Characters: Julie Ann Chamberlain Springer

Since today is Mother's Day, I'm dedicating my blog post to my wonderful mother.

This is my favorite recent photo of her. Isn't she beautiful?
Let me tell you a little about my mom.

She loves horses, books, forensic/medical dramas, owls, swings, hiking, Josh Groban, Donny Osmond, ice cream sandwiches, sewing, aerobics, games of all kinds, and hanging out with her family, just to name a few.

She doesn't like spiders, snakes, rats, roller coasters, brussels sprouts, or karaoke.


She doesn't have a mean or selfish bone in her body.

She doesn't know how to say "no" when the vampi--Red Cross calls and asks her to donate blood.

Never once have I heard her say, "Nah, I don't feel like going to church today" or "I'm just gonna let the other sisters in the Relief Society worry about that. It's not my job." No. My mom has made it clear our entire lives that Jesus Christ is the center of her life, and should be the center of ours.


She loves her family. She's not one to get emotional or touchy-feely, but she's always on the lookout for little things she can do to send her love our way. Whether it's a box of chocolates sent through the mail (melted from their time in Arizona mailboxes), or a text saying, "Have a great day!", I always know that I'm on the forefront of her mind.

She's always supportive of my dad, patient with my sisters and me when we act out, and absolutely smothers her grandson with affection. 


Thanks to her, I know that I'm a daughter of God. That I don't have to be rich, famous, or popular to make a difference in the world. That happiness in life comes from loving and serving others.

So Mom, thank you for everything. I love you, and I hope I can be even half as good of a mother as you've been for me. I'm sad that we're apart today, but I'm so grateful to you for working hard to make us an eternal family, so that no matter what happens, we can be together forever.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment