Thursday, May 22, 2014

Recipe Review: Chicken dishes!

Yeah I know. Recipe reviews? Now I'm just scraping at the bottom of the barrel for things to write about. You probably want something mindblowingly awesome to read from me today, don't you?

Well that's too dang bad!

Today all I can think to talk about are the two recipes I tried this last week. I'm trying to be all responsible and make good meals for myself, so here are two successful recipes and what I thought about them. Just in case you're looking for some good chicken dishes to make.

#1--Greek Marinated Chicken



4 out of 5 stars

This chicken had great flavor, even after I only marinated it for about two hours (I usually marinate stuff overnight to make sure the flavor really soaks in). The marinade is really nothing more than plain yogurt, lemon juice, and a bunch of spices. The ingredients are really healthy (I used Greek yogurt and chicken breasts instead of legs like in the picture), and it was really easy to put together. It tasted great on rice with some green beans on the side.

It only loses a star because somehow the chicken was so tender and moist, yet it still tasted dry. It was weird. Maybe I should have marinated it longer or had it with something else more saucy. I bet it would've been amazing after a day in the crock pot. I'll have to try this one again and see if I can bump it up to five stars. I still have enough ingredients for another batch.


#2--Cream Cheese Chicken Chili



5 out of 5 stars. Hands down.

This is my all-time favorite kind of chili. Yes, I found it. After years of chili cookoffs, I've decided that this chili is the #1 chili on my list.

It may have something to do with the less-healthy block of cream cheese you put in it. Maybe. But hey, I got light cream cheese, at least. And I can think of a lot worse meals than this.

(Like the fruit salad someone took to our ward swimming party that had chopped up SNICKERS in it. Don't get me wrong, I love Snickers, I was just disappointed to find out that what I thought was me enjoying nuts and fruits actually turned out to be me enjoying chopped up candy bar hidden under a yogurt disguise.)

This dish is so simple to put together, and you can just throw it all in a crock pot and let it simmer all night. Be warned, though, it smells AMAZING for like three hours before it's done, so make sure you're not starving while waiting for it to be done, or the smell might just drive you insane with desire. In fact, leave the house if you can. For your own safety.


Okay, that's all! Do YOU have any chicken meal suggestions for me? I'm always happy to find new easy but delicious recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment