Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ambiance: My New Digs

Well, it's finally time for me to leave the nest (for the third time in my life). Living with my parents and sisters has been fun and extremely helpful in restoring my savings account, but now it's time to move on.

I'm not moving far this time, thankfully. I'm just going back to the east side of the Salt Lake valley, and it's nice to know that this time, my parents and sisters won't be a state away. It's just a twenty-minute drive between our houses! I love it.

My new roommates are my very good friends Heather and Liz, who are both so on my level that I have no qualms about moving in with them. New roommates are always my biggest deterrent when it comes to finding a new place to live, but with Heather and Liz as my roomies, I'm not nearly as stressed or worried.

The new place is a split-level duplex, with a big living room and kitchen area that opens out to the small backyard. We're really excited to spruce the place up and make it a fun party spot for our friends and families.



The backyard needs a LOT of work, but it has great potential. 
It has three bedrooms and 1.5 baths. After a little deliberation, we decided that I get the smallest room for cheaper rent. Yesterday, my dad and I spent three hours putting together all the brand new bedroom stuff I got from KSL and Target. (I'm SO GLAD that Dad offered to come with me, because it would have taken me ten hours to put it all together by myself, no joke. I was prepared to do so, but I'm glad I ultimately didn't have to.)



While at first I wanted one of the bigger rooms, I ended up liking this space better. It's sunnier, for one thing, and it's also helping me to detach from the mountains of stuff I've collected over the years. A minimalist lifestyle for me!

Now that my bed and storage spaces are all figured out, I'm moving all my clothes and things in tomorrow evening. I'll miss the free dinners and family hangout time, but I'm excited to feel like a competent adult again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment