Friday, June 5, 2015

Doodles in the Margins: More Human Anatomy Practice

Just another poor-quality sketch dump, more for my own future reference than for your benefit, really. :)

 After practicing hands, I moved on to feet and legs. Feet are just like hands in that the principle of drawing them is so simple, yet in practice they're SO HARD to get right!

Legs are relatively simple now that I know where the muscles and bones are. Learning anatomy is kind of awesome. I'd still never be able to stomach being a doctor, though.


More leg practice, and then some torso basics.


More detailed torso stuff. Shoulder muscles are so interesting. I always wondered why my arms always looked so weird in my drawings. Now I know.


Male torso stuff, and my attempt to understand face proportions. Also, a random elbow.


I practiced a little using photos I collected on Pinterest for reference. I've titled them "Haitian walking in snow carrying invisible buckets" and "Headless, handless ballerina" respectively. As you can see, I still struggle with hands, feet, and faces.


And then this weekend at the cabin I did some more, using National Geographic photos for reference. I even included hands and feet! Faces still elude me, though.



Okay that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment