Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Doodle in the Margins: The wolf shall dwell with the lamb

I visited Rexburg this last weekend and have spent all this week catching up on my NaNoWriMo goals, so doodles are all you're gonna get for a while, probably.

A few years ago I realized that, despite all the paintings and hymns about "the lamb and the lion [lying] down together without any ire," that phrase actually isn't in the scriptures. But Isaiah 11 is full of unlikely animal pairings that will be the norm during the Millennium, so I decided I wanted to do a doodle series based on the actual phrasing.

Pairing Number One:


Honestly I think this makes more sense than the "lamb and the lion." Wolves are notorious for preying on sheep.

But there is part of the scripture that has to do with lions, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment