Saturday, October 25, 2014

Doodles in the Margins: Meet the Lev-Katia Family

In an effort to solidify the appearances and miscellaneous attributes of my Snow Glider characters, I drew Nara's family today.

I still stink at drawing men (and women for that matter...), but this was a helpful exercise for me so I thought I'd share. Besides, I haven't had the time or money to see any movies or read any books lately, so this is the only blog post you're gonna get for a while probably.

Lev & Katia


These are Nara's parents, Lev and Katia (hence the "Lev-Katia" Family). They're in the upper middle class in New Aglaya. Katia comes from a very wealthy family, and Lev is a renowned ship builder. He's quiet and fair, Katia is stern and all about propriety. Since Nara is her only daughter, Katia can seem kind of domineering to Nara. 

(From left to right) Onton, Benedikt, and Danil


This one was a much quicker, poorer-quality drawing, so sorry it's such a mess. These are Nara's brothers, all older than she is. Onton ("Tonny") is the eldest, and is supposed to take over the shipbuilding when Lev retires, so he dresses all fancy to keep up appearances.

Benedikt is a professional hunter, so he's pretty distant from his family most of the time. The snow leopard cape he wears marks him as an accomplished hunter, and his unkempt hair and beard show that he couldn't care less about appearances.

Danil is the youngest, only two years older than Nara, and he's the most sweet-tempered. Everyone likes him, but he tends to be overlooked when compared to the rest of his family.

So that's the Lev-Katia family (minus Nara, who I'll draw again later with her team of snow gliders). Hope you enjoyed this! NaNoWriMo is going to be my obsession until the end of November, so if you don't like hearing all about my characters and drafts, you might want to just check back in December. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment