Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Doodle in the Margins: And the leopard shall lie down with the kid

Pairing Two: the leopard and the kid


Okay, I love leopards, but they are the devil to draw. So. Many. Spots. And this one was on its back! Try drawing a leopard's full body with all the spots in the right places and at the right sizes. It's a huge pain.

Goats are relatively easy to draw, I guess, but I don't think I've ever drawn a goat before today. It felt foreign. Goats and sheep are really weird looking, when you pay attention to them. Kind of like feet.

But this was pretty fun to draw. The wolf and lamb are just "dwelling" together, so they were more hanging out. I wanted to give the leopard and the kid an even greater sense of ease, like they just had a full day playing together and now they're relaxing as pals. I'll let you decide if I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment