Friday, July 11, 2014

Drafts: Snow Glider Synopsis

I'm SO SORRY it's been a whole week since I blogged anything! My sister is finishing up an online class so she's been using my laptop all night every night for the past two weeks. But now she's out of town so I'm finally back online! Hooray!

But I'm gonna keep it short and simple today. I've been working on writing synopses for Deseret Book publications, and it's made me want to come up with a synopsis for my own story, Snow Glider.

Tell me what you think of this:
 Anastas has until his 22nd birthday to prove that he can be a good leader, or his village will stay under the thumb of his cold-hearted cousin. When a girl named Nara arrives on the back of her giant snow dog, Anastas sees an opportunity where his people only see a threat. Nara is from the ice-covered enemy nation to the south, where Anastas has been hoping to establish trade to help the village grow. But can he trust her? As their shaky alliance moves his plans slowly forward and his birthday draws near, Anastas finds it harder and harder to distinguish friend from enemy. Forces seem to be combined against him--his cousin’s allies grow violent, dark creatures prowl the village limits, and the more he learns about Nara’s shady past, the less sure he is that her intentions are innocent.
Okay, now that you've read it, answer me this (and be completely honest. I need good feedback to improve):




1) Is this a story you would want to read? Why or why not? 




2) From this synopsis alone, what genre do you think it's supposed to be, and what audience is it aimed towards?

3) If you were to pick up a story like this, what would you hope to find?


Let me know in the comments! Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment