Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Doodles in the Margins: Random Drawing Practice

I've decided I need to spend less time on the computer and more time doing other hobbies besides surfing the web and watching stuff on Netflix.

So I've been doodling a lot lately, and just wanted to dump my latest doodles into one post. I didn't even to bother taking quality photos. :)

A very rough sketch of a fox.

A very leggy horse (though, to be fair, it was supposed to be a young horse, which tend to be leggy)

This one I'm actually proud of. That perspective was not easy to do right.
Besides animals, I've decided I want to learn how to draw people. I STINK at drawing people. So I'm approaching it the same way I learned to draw dogs and horses and things--by doing lots of random tutorials and identifying the underlying shapes that form the human body.

First I decided to start with hands, because despite looking at my own for my whole life, I REALLY stink at drawing hands. This tutorial by FOERVRAENGD on DeviantArt was extremely helpful, and I've been practicing all weekend with my own hands and hands that I can observe without being creepy about it.

Note: if you looked at the tutorial, you'll see my attempts to copy, and they're not very good. I'm a beginner, so don't judge too harshly. :)






So yeah. I'm still very much a beginner, but I'm getting there, and I'm glad I turned to tutorials instead of just blindly trying to copy like I've been doing my whole life. Human anatomy is HARD. Dogs are way simple by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment