Saturday, June 21, 2014

Freewrite: Weddings & Weekends

I am being so good about posting lately. :D

Here are just a few photos from this week. On Tuesday, I got to go to the wedding of my friend Jamie (who is also my coworker/boss). We finally got some great photos together, but these are the only ones I got with my phone.

This is Jenny, me, and Jannalee looking adorable. These girls have become some of my best friends. Aren't these flowers beautiful? They were on every table, so we each got to take home a bouquet of our own.

Aaaaand this is just me. :) 
Then last night/this morning, we had a ward cabin trip up at Rachel's cabin in Huntsville.

It was so much fun. It was a nice warm night, so we had dinner outside, roasted s'mores, and hung out together outside--playing ping-pong, chatting it up, and stargazing. We went on a little adventure out to the beach of the lake to get a better view of the stars, but it got a little cloudy.

But it was fun! I met lots of new people and got a surprisingly good amount of sleep, considering all the girls crammed into the small house. I shared a king-sized bed with two of my friends, with six other girls on the floor around us. I was terrified that I would kick my bedmates or roll off the side and squish someone, but nothing like that happened. :)

(If you're wondering, the guys brought tents and slept outside.)

Then this morning we all got up, had breakfast, and just chatted some more while throwing footballs around and just enjoying each others' company. It was a great break from city life, and I'm super glad I went.

Anyways, here are some photos.

Playing games in the barn.

A handful of us milling about outside before breakfast.

Such a charming old house! Rachel says it's 110 years old!

The nicest campsite I've ever seen! 

Breakfast being prepared.

Stimulating breakfast conversation (this is my good friend Heather).

And an awesome swing!
Well, that's all I've got, but I thought maybe you'd enjoy. Now I'm pretty exhausted, so I need to take a nap. Tonight we're going to a drive-in double feature--How to Train Your Dragon 2 (again!! I'm so excited!!) and Maleficent (which I'm less excited about, and it'll start at like 11:00pm so I may sleep through a lot of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment