Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday Soliloquy: General Conference 2015

Since today is Easter and General Conference Sunday, I'm just going to share with you some of my favorite quotes from this weekend's Conference and let you think about them on your own. :)

Note: Some of these might not be verbatim. I was taking notes as fast as I could, but I'm not perfect.





Romantic love is just a preview of the love that comes from raising a family together. 
-- President Boyd K. Packer

The most important calling a man can receive is that of Father. 
--Linda K. Burton

Men and women shouldn't compete with each other; we complete each other. 
--Linda K. Burton

"Thee lift me and I'll lift thee, and we'll both ascend together." 
--John Greenleaf Whittier




Don't let the opinions of the world give you a "keyhole view" of the true panorama of the Gospel. 
--Dallin H. Oaks

Replace selfish desires with a love of God and a determination to serve Him and His children. 
--Dallin H. Oaks 

Focus on what you know and have faith to keep going in the right direction, even if you aren't quite sure what you'll find at the end. 
--L. Whitney Clayton



In a culture of Temporary, be a revolutionary--seek truth and lasting love. 
--L. Tom Perry

The media is the minority making itself out to be the majority. 
--L. Tom Perry

We can become completely fearless if we look to Christ, build upon the foundation of Christ, and press forward with faith in Christ. 
--David A. Bednar

"But perfect love casteth out fear." 
--1 John 4:18



"I can teach you to dance, but you must learn to hear the music" ... We learn the steps of the gospel with our minds, but we must hear the music of the gospel with our hearts. 
--Wilford W. Andersen 

"'Twas I, but 'tis not I. I do not shame to tell you what I was, since my conversion so sweetly tastes, being the thing I am." 
--Oliver in Shakespeare's As You Like It 

In my pursuit of me and mine, have I forgotten Thee and Thine? 
--Michael T. Ringwood


No comments:

Post a Comment